This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [incremental] Patch: FYI: defer dwarf macro output
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:58:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: [incremental] Patch: FYI: defer dwarf macro output
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 12:58:31PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This patch fixes the problem by deferring all macro output until the
> end of compilation.
Doesn't this increase the memory we have to keep live during
compilation quite a bit? Long-term, I'd think we would want to dump
it out sooner rather than later so we could forget about it.