This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Warn about use of __func__ when -pedantic
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: "Doug Gregor" <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:47:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Warn about use of __func__ when -pedantic
- References: <email@example.com>
"Doug Gregor" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> While reviewing C++0x features that GCC already provides support for,
> I noticed that we don't bother to complain about the C99 "__func__"
> feature in strict C++98 mode, even though this feature is not part of
> C++ 1998/2003.
Since __func__ is in the implementation's namespace I don't think there
is a need for a diagnostic. GCC doesn't warn in C89 mode either.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."