This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR debug/7081: emit DW_TAG_class_type and DW_TAG_interface_type
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 05 Dec 2007 07:41:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: PR debug/7081: emit DW_TAG_class_type and DW_TAG_interface_type
- References: <email@example.com>
Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> We've long output C++ classes and Java classes and interfaces as
> DW_TAG_structure_type. This patch fixes it, with a different approach
> from the one proposed at
> Instead of moving the declared-as-class bit from C++ into common
> trees, it introduces a langhook to let the language decide what is a
> class, what is an interface and what is a structure.
Offhand, I don't see how that could work with LTO. Since we need to
add new functionality regardless, I'd rather see something which we
can support in LTO.