This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR33713: remove -fforce-addr
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, Michael Meissner <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, bonzini at gnu dot org, matz at suse dot de, christophe dot harle at amd dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:11:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: PR33713: remove -fforce-addr
- References: <20071129175051.GA12296@redhat.com> <20071130000233.GA19742@mmeissner-gold.amd.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
I have left the comments to the Cris back-end, as suggested by Hans, and
have committed the patch to mainline.
I will be writing up a 4.3 changes.html patch as a followup.
> Proposal: We could add a "Deprecated" option property to common.opt,
> and use "inform()" to tell users they are using a deprecated option.
> If this sounds acceptable to y'all, I will craft a patch to implement
> (I couldn't find if this was proposed before. "inform()" is quite
> new, and I don't know if it was around already when it was first
> discussed what to do with removed options.)