This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid mark_symbols_for_rename in setup_one_parameter if possible (PR tree-optimization/33434)
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Diego Novillo" <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: "Jakub Jelinek" <jakub at redhat dot com>, "Andrew MacLeod" <amacleod at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Jan Hubicka" <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:18:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid mark_symbols_for_rename in setup_one_parameter if possible (PR tree-optimization/33434)
- References: <20071129212912.GI16835@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4751AA4F.email@example.com>
On Dec 1, 2007 7:39 PM, Diego Novillo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Richard Guenther wrote:
> > Ok. We _really_ need some checking for the renamer. I'd suggest to
> > refuse renaming symbols that are in SSA form
> Surely you only mean scalars and locals here, right?
Yes sure - those where it is valid to have overlapping life-ranges. That is,
not for the virtual operands.