This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Don't initialize C frontend builtins when only preprocessing
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:17:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Don't initialize C frontend builtins when only preprocessing
- References: <email@example.com>
On Dec 28, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
I'm not going to argue that we should go back to cccp.c, but we do
need to do some work to speed up the preprocessor when only doing
Does this work with -fpch-preprocess -E and then using that pch file
to compile a file that uses one of these types? The problem is the
entire compiler state for compilation is built up during
preprocessing and then is used for the compilation.