This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] Speed up bootstrap on SMP
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 Dec 2006 12:00:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Speed up bootstrap on SMP
- References: <20061229161406.GF29911@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> In my experience, compiling insn-attrtab.c takes longest time during
> bootstrap and when bootstrap is done with make -jN for bigger N make
> is always waiting till it completes while all other files are already
I think we should just move it to the front of the OBJS-common list.
Although I have no particular objection to your patch.