This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR24325 - ICE in gfc_get_function_type
- From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- To: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:17:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR24325 - ICE in gfc_get_function_type
- References: <459502B8.email@example.com>
Cancel this for an hour or two. The initial version got regtested
instead of this one - it is fine, so I might just resubmit that one.
However, if I can find the problem with this version I would rather do that.
In essence, if we arrive at resolve_function with the function not
already resolved or with the symbol not having FL_UNKNOWN then, for
sure and certain, we are going to produce the ICE in
gfc_get_function_type. Initially, I had the test only detect
FL_VARIABLE to throw the error. However, the opening block in
resolve_symbol treats FL_UNKNOWN and results in them either being
identified as variables or procedures. Thus I think that it is
sufficient to test that the symbol is not a function and that testing
for FL_UNKNOWN adds the belt and braces.
Watch this space.