This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] RFA C4X just unconditionally sets -ffast-math (nearly)
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: martin at dalecki dot de (Marcin Dalecki)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc-patches List)
- Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:07:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFA C4X just unconditionally sets -ffast-math (nearly)
> c4x_override_options is just setting set_fast_math_flags(1), which is
> to have the same effect as unconditional use of -ffast-math. This is:
> 1. Quite surprising to the actual user and thus not polite.
> 2. Missing the twinkle-winkle dance between -fcx-limited-range and
> 3. Asking for obvious regressions.
> 4. Adding to the already sufficient "behavioral indeterminism" of the
> math options.
> Is it OK to stop doing this? It's the only architecture doing this
> after all.
1. C4x has its own float format so it might actually be valid to do these transformations.
2. I don't even know if this port is being maintained or even works for that matter in 4.1 and above.
I have not seen a testresults for this target at all.