This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,wwwdocs] Add gfortran's 4-byte record markers change to gcc-4.2/changes.html
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:33:32 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [patch,wwwdocs] Add gfortran's 4-byte record markers change to gcc-4.2/changes.html
- References: <457C9C5D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <457C9CEB.email@example.com>
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> And now as bonus with a patch.
Thanks, looks good! Please consider Bernhard's comments on the one
below and go ahead committing this.
It would be nice to have gcc-4.2/changes.html and gcc-4.3/changes.html in
sync (or, actually, remove it from gcc-4.3/changes.html if we now already
provide with GCC 4.2). Would you mind doing this as part of the patch you
+ with several other compilers. Older versions of gfortran used by default
+ 8-byte record markers (on most systems). In order to change length of
+ the record markers, e.g. to read unformatted files created by older
+ gfortran versions,
I recommend something like "By default, older versions..." or "Older
versions of gfortran used 8-byte record...by default".
"In order to change the length of".