This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386]: Do not emit "cld" instructions
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:58:43 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386]: Do not emit "cld" instructions
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Roger Sayle wrote:
> I appreciate that this x86 simplification honors the ABI specification
> and follows what "icc" does, but there's a chance it may interact with
> non-standard OSs or poorly written code. Perhaps you could write a line
> or two for gcc-4.3/changes.html to warn folks of this potential fallout,
> i.e. that they now need to be careful with std/cld in their asms.
Yes, please. Uros, I'll be happy to review such a patch or help with
markup (or otherwise).