This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix mingw32 bootstrap regression.
- From: 'Bob Rossi' <bob_rossi at cox dot net>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: 'Carlos O'Donell' <carlos at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, 'Mark Mitchell' <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:14:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix mingw32 bootstrap regression.
- References: <20061222154547.GI3741@lios> <000001c7261b$a6de2fa0$b64861cb@anykey>
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 11:50:57AM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 09:15:57PM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> > > This way:
> > > bash, sed, configure, make, expect, dejagnu, etc are cygwin tools
> > > (cygwin1.dll-dependent).
> > > The build gcc, binutils are from mingw (msvcrt.dll-dependent).
> > > I've done it this way since well before msys.
> > You run a native bootstrap using these tools?
> mingw binaries precede cygwin binaries in PATH (unless I actually logon
> to cygwin).
Do you use cygwin make? or mingw32-make?