This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Wfutile-unsigned-comparison (PR7651 Define -Wextra strictly in terms of other warning flags)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 24 Dec 2006 16:37:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Wfutile-unsigned-comparison (PR7651 Define -Wextra strictly in terms of other warning flags)
- References: <email@example.com>
"Manuel López-Ibáñez" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| :ADDPATCH middle-end:
| This patch continues the effort to fix PR7651 .
| It adds a new option -Wfutile-unsigned-comparison that takes over the
I don't think the adjunctive "futile" is appropriate.
I think there is a switch for comparisons that are always true
because of type range limits. I suspect this particular diagnostic
falls under that umbrella.