This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Stricter implicit conversions between vectors, revised patch
- From: Mark Shinwell <shinwell at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:34:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: Stricter implicit conversions between vectors, revised patch
- References: <458ABCF8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <458BB0B6.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
[...] why __builtin_altivec_vcmpgefp does not return a
vector bool int.
Ah, so that applies for vcmpgefp as well, ok.
So, I think your patch is correct, except that you also have to change
the corresponding C++ code, which is quite wrong (predicates are defined
as templates, and this has let a wrong name through):
- __builtin_altivec_cmpge (a2, a1))
+ __builtin_vec_cmpge (a2, a1))
I did wonder about that one, but failed to mention it in the mail :-)
This patch exhibits no changes in testsuite results with all default
languages on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. I haven't quite reached this
on powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu but I think the only outstanding problem
is due to this vcmpgefp issue.
What is this problem?
Given what you say, I believe there is no problem. I'll run the testsuite
again; it looks like we are finally there.