This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Use host fragment for PPC-Darwin stage1_cflags
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:08:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [committed] Use host fragment for PPC-Darwin stage1_cflags
- References: <4587C798.email@example.com> <20061219192201.GB32355@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:06:00PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
+# The spiffy cpp-precomp chokes on some legitimate constructs in GCC
+# sources; use -no-cpp-precomp to get to GNU cpp.
+# Apple's GCC has bugs in designated initializer handling, so disable
+# that too.
+STAGE1_CFLAGS += -no-cpp-precomp -DHAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERS=0
This adds a GNU make dependency for the whole target, doesn't it?
Which might be fine for Darwin, but src does not require GNU make in
The Autoconf manual does not mention += among the source of
non-portabilities. I also checked BSD make and it has '+=' (search for
VAR_APPEND) since 1993 (revision 1.1):
The GNU make manual says:
* The `+=' syntax to append to the value of a variable comes from
SunOS 4 `make'. *Note Appending More Text to Variables: Appending.
If anybody knows of a host (HPUX, Tru64, IRIX) that does not have it,
please tell me.