This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[committed] Use host fragment for PPC-Darwin stage1_cflags
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:06:00 +0100
- Subject: [committed] Use host fragment for PPC-Darwin stage1_cflags
It is useless to put the change to the flags in the configure script,
and I advised Alan Modra against it in a very similar case. Since it
only affects bootstrap, we can check against "$host" instead of
"$build", and put it in the host fragment mh-ppc-darwin.
Committed to gcc, will commit soon to src.
2006-12-19 Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com>
* configure.in: Remove "$build" case for powerpc-*-darwin* since
it only affects bootstrap and could be tested on "$host" as well.
* config/mh-ppc-darwin: Add to the stage1 cflags here.
--- configure.in (revision 120002)
+++ configure.in (working copy)
@@ -2403,13 +2446,6 @@ case $build in
yes) stage1_cflags="-g -Wa,-J" ;;
*) stage1_cflags="-g -J" ;;
- # The spiffy cpp-precomp chokes on some legitimate constructs in GCC
- # sources; use -no-cpp-precomp to get to GNU cpp.
- # Apple's GCC has bugs in designated initializer handling, so disable
- # that too.
- stage1_cflags="-g -no-cpp-precomp -DHAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERS=0"
# This is aimed to mimic bootstrap with a non-GCC compiler to catch problems.
--- config/mh-ppc-darwin (revision 120002)
+++ config/mh-ppc-darwin (working copy)
@@ -4,3 +4,8 @@
BOOT_CFLAGS=-g -O2 -mdynamic-no-pic
+# The spiffy cpp-precomp chokes on some legitimate constructs in GCC
+# sources; use -no-cpp-precomp to get to GNU cpp.
+# Apple's GCC has bugs in designated initializer handling, so disable
+# that too.
+STAGE1_CFLAGS += -no-cpp-precomp -DHAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERS=0