This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: add an assert to flow.c
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: bje at au1 dot ibm dot com (Ben Elliston)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:57:27 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: add an assert to flow.c
> This assertion prevents us from wandering to emit_move_insn with a null
> RTX. Okay for the trunk?
> 2006-12-19 Ben Elliston <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * flow.c (initialize_uninitialized_subregs): Ensure that the rtx
> zero constant for the mode of param.retval is non-NULL.
> Index: flow.c
> --- flow.c (revision 120017)
> +++ flow.c (working copy)
> @@ -1557,6 +1557,7 @@ initialize_uninitialized_subregs (void)
> if (param.retval != NULL_RTX)
> start_sequence ();
> + gcc_assert (CONST0_RTX (GET_MODE (param.retval)) !=
I would have written it as this (without the != NULL_RTX):
gcc_assert (CONST0_RTX (GET_MODE (param.retval)));
But then again all of this code is being removed with the merge of the dataflow branch.