This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [dataflow]: patch committed to do incremental scanning of rtl.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Berlin, Daniel" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, Seongbae Park <seongbae dot park at gmail dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:26:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [dataflow]: patch committed to do incremental scanning of rtl.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
4) Many of the passes use defered scanning. In this mode, a bitmap is
kept of the insns that have been changed and at the end of the pass
all of the marked insns are rescanned. This is particularly efficient
for passes like combine which modify insns many times but do not
directly make use of the scanning information. FWprop also uses this
technique and has been re-enabled by this patch.
Thank you. I was about to write some thoughts about deferring the scan
until the end of the pass, but you beat me by a wide margin.