This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IPA merge 3: passmanager tweeks
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:33:49 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: IPA merge 3: passmanager tweeks
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> interesitng, since I am pretty sure I tested the patch with ada in
> Zdenek's tester.
> It look slike the assert I added shows that Ada keep
> current_function_decl set to some value after passing controll to the
> backend. Since we already clear cfun variable before doing IPA
> optimization, I guess the most robust fix is the following.
> Does it work for you?
I can confirm that this patch restores bootstrap for me on
i686-pc-linux-gnu when building Ada. Please try and figure out
why this wasn't caught by Zdenek's scripts or your own testing.
> Index: cgraphunit.c
> --- cgraphunit.c (revision 119965)
> +++ cgraphunit.c (working copy)
> @@ -1363,6 +1358,7 @@ static void
> ipa_passes (void)
> cfun = NULL;
> + current_function_decl = NULL;
> tree_register_cfg_hooks ();
> bitmap_obstack_initialize (NULL);
> execute_ipa_pass_list (all_ipa_passes);
If you're happy this is the correct fix, I'd call it "obvious".