This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for stricter implicit conversions between vectors
- From: Mark Shinwell <shinwell at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ira Rosen <IRAR at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: pinskia at gmail dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <edelsohn at us dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:40:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: Patch for stricter implicit conversions between vectors
- References: <OF20BE26CE.7EC47DEE-ONC2257244.0048F162-C2257244.0049645D@il.ibm.com>
Ira Rosen wrote:
I rather have you patch builtins to have the correct type, this will
help memory usage with code with a lot of intrinsics and also fix
vec_vmuloub testcase (as I think it is the same issue).
I think this is related to PR 30210.
Andrew, thanks for the mail -- I'll get to this as soon as I can.