This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: VFPv3 and FLDMD unwind support for ARM, revised version
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mark Shinwell <shinwell at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:14:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: VFPv3 and FLDMD unwind support for ARM, revised version
- References: <4580254C.email@example.com>
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 16:07, Mark Shinwell wrote:
> This patch is a revised version of one posted some time ago. It adds
> support for VFPv3 in the unwinder and also uses FSTMD instead of FSTMX
> instructions for saving VFP registers in the frame (as per a request
> from Richard Earnshaw). Unlike the previous patch it always uses
> FSTMD/FLDMD instead of the X variants.
> Tested on arm-none-eabi with no regressions. OK for mainline?
I think it deserves a comment in arm.c saying that while technically fldmd is
only safe on armv6, all known armv5 VFP implementations DTRT.
> /* ??? The frame layout is implementation defined. We describe
> - standard format 1 (equivalent to a FSTMD insn and unused pad word).
> + the FSTMD insn format (without the pad word as used by FSTMX).
> We really need some way of representing the whole block so that the
> unwinder can figure it out at runtime. */
This comment is redundant. Remove it.
Ok with that change.