This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to fix tentative struct type collision
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:21:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: patch to fix tentative struct type collision
- References: <44A2F708-3163-46FB-8761-A1091A0D4C86@apple.com>
On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Fariborz Jahanian wrote:
When searching for a tentative struct type in type_hash_eq, if it
collides with another similar type, currently type_hash_eq says it
is a match since both types' TYPE_FIELDS is NULL. This is incorrect
and causes bad things to happen as it matches "struct foo' with
"struct bar", for example. I ran into this problem when made a call
to build_type_attribute_variant to create a new duplicate type with
new attributes. Attach patch, which is dejagnu and bootstrap tested
on apple-x86-darwin, fixes the problem.
OK for FSF's main trunk?
And for 4.2. This causes a regression from 4.0 in 4.2 in obj-c++.dg/
objc-gc-weak-.mm for us.