This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com (Peter Bergner)
- Cc: dje at watson dot ibm dot com (David Edelsohn), ulrich dot weigand at de dot ibm dot com (Ulrich Weigand), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, matz at suse dot de (Michael Matz), pinskia at gmail dot com (Andrew Pinski)
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:16:30 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
Peter Bergner wrote:
> * reload1.c (eliminate_regs_in_insn): Merge the plus_src "else" and
> the offset == 0 "then" clauses.
This part is OK.
> - /* If we have a nonzero offset, and the source is already
> - a simple REG, the following transformation would
> - increase the cost of the insn by replacing a simple REG
> - with (plus (reg sp) CST). So try only when we already
> - had a PLUS before. */
But please keep the comment (move it before the if), it still is a
valuable explanation (why we don't always do the transformation).
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE