This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][m68k] Partially fix PR target/28181 (movqi from mem to address register)
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus dot dk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:27:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][m68k] Partially fix PR target/28181 (movqi from mem to address register)
- References: <20061211174601.GO3563@sygehus.dk>
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <email@example.com> writes:
> 2006-12-11 Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> PR target/28181
> * config/m68k/m68k.h (CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS): New. Forbid
> address registers from changing mode to/from an 8-bit mode.
I don't think this is the right approach. I think we should instead
allow address registers to store bytes, and define secondary_reload_class
accordingly (plus a few other related changes).
FWIW, I'm gearing up to submit the Coldfire changes from
csl/sourcerygxx-4_1 branch, and one of those patches does
what I suggest. I think it should fix the bug in a way that
works for 68000 and 68010 too.