This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 27528: Expanding constant asm operands
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:06:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: PR 27528: Expanding constant asm operands
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> writes:
>> * gcc.c-torture/compile/pr27528.c: New test.
> The '#' character is not the marker for comments on Solaris so the
> above test fails to assemble
Doh! Sorry, I should have thought of that.
> The '!' character would need to be used instead. What's the least unelegant
> way to do that? Something like
> #if defined (sun) && defined (__svr4__)
> #define MARKER "!"
> #define MARKER "#"
> plus string concatenation? Thanks in advance.
Does everything still work with empty asm strings? I found the
commented stuff useful for debugging, but it probably isn't much
use for testing purposes.