This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com (Peter Bergner)
- Cc: matz at suse dot de (Michael Matz), ulrich dot weigand at de dot ibm dot com (Ulrich Weigand), pinskia at gmail dot com (Andrew Pinski), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:53:43 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
Peter Bergner wrote:
> Or maybe we could just gate this call to recog() to the "offset == 0"
> case which would mimic the old behavior?
That wouldn't work -- we *are* changing the basic insn structure from
a load-with-update to an add, and we have to re-recognize in that
The only reason the old code could get by without recognizing the
insn was because it never changed the basic structure, but only
did some changes inside the operands.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE