This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:47:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28690, indexed load/store performance + reload bug
- References: <200612111636.kBBGaZUA001299@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 17:36 +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Michael Matz wrote:
> > Bummer. I still don't understand why find_reg could chose register 65
> > although it's not in the register class contents for pseudo 238, patched
> > or unpatched compiler.
> I think this is the really interesting question here ...
> I agree that insns should be recogizable at all times. So we need to find
> out why reg 65 is placed there: if this is incorrect, we need to fix it,
> if it is correct, we'd have to adapt the predicate along the lines Michael
> points out.
Ok, I'll track down why/how we end up assigning reg 65 to pseudo 238.