This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR30028, fold sin, cos to sincos on the tree-level
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:03:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR30028, fold sin, cos to sincos on the tree-level
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
* tree-ssa-math-opts.c (execute_cse_reciprocals_1): Gate
with !optimize_size && flag_unsafe_math_optimizations.
(gate_cse_reciprocals): Only gate with optimize.
(execute_cse_sincos_1): New routine to CSE sin and cos to sincos.
(execute_cse_reciprocals): Call it.
If you don't want to walk the whole tree once more, please rename this
+ /* Simply insert cexpi at the argument definition site. */
No way :-(
Something like this caused an enormous regression on povray (it's in
bugzilla, I don't remember the number though). That's the reason why
tree-ssa-math-opts.c had to be rewritten to do the dominator magic it does.