This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386]: Do not emit "cld" instructions
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 06:33:57 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386]: Do not emit "cld" instructions
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> it i need makes rep;movsl quite a bit faster for small blocks!
> Basically we should use rep;movsl on those machines almost always
> for memcpy now, for memset rep;stosl wins after 48bytes up.
> I am testing the attached patch I would like to commit as obvious
> if it passes once CLD autogen is gone.
Cool. Agreed. Pre-approved as obvious, now that Uros' cld patch
has been approved. Thanks again.