This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Committed] Fix C++ deconstructors for spu-elf
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:47:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Committed] Fix C++ deconstructors for spu-elf
- References: <OFC0A6FFDE.08098883-ON88257236.001180BA-88257236.0013D54E@playstation.sony.com> <4573984F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 19:38 -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Andrew_Pinski@PlayStation.Sony.Com wrote:
> > * config/spu/crt0.c (__dso_handle): Define.
> Isn't it possible to have the linker script define the symbol for you?
We could but that is not what is done for the rest of the targets.
> If so, that seems better as it allows for the (admittedly unlikely)
> possibility that SPU would ever have shared objects. And, IIRC, it's
> more like what we do elsewhere.
No, other targets use crtstuff.c which defines __dso_handle for crt0.o
and the shared version of crt0.
The SPU target does not use currently crtstuff.c in the gcc directory.
This is going to change, Ben Elliston has already sent a patch (which I
approved) which corrects this. Also I doubt there will ever be shared
objects for SPU unless a something magically comes along in terms of