This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR libfortran/29568 (subrecord patch)
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: Thomas Koenig <Thomas dot Koenig at online dot de>
- Cc: Brooks Moses <brooks dot moses at codesourcery dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:52:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR libfortran/29568 (subrecord patch)
- References: <20061130193857.GA31053@meiner.onlinehome.de> <456FD141.email@example.com> <20061201211326.GA17709@meiner.onlinehome.de> <20061202192942.GA32467@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
My tests here with gcc 4.2 branch and the final
record patch you checked into trunk seem to confirm
that this allows libgfortran to automatically detect
when previous databases have been created with
16 byte record markers. I was able to rebuild the
fink whatcheck package without -frecord-marker=4
and it now seems to properly read its binary
databases that were created on a SGI under IRIX.
Nice. This certainly should go into gcc 4.2.