This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR libfortran/29568 (subrecord patch)
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: Thomas Koenig <Thomas dot Koenig at online dot de>
- Cc: Brooks Moses <brooks dot moses at codesourcery dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:29:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR libfortran/29568 (subrecord patch)
- References: <20061130193857.GA31053@meiner.onlinehome.de> <456FD141.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061201211326.GA17709@meiner.onlinehome.de>
The latest subrecord patch (with minor adjustments)
applies to current gcc 4.2 trunk and passes the gfortran
make check fine on Darwin PPC. However I am a unclear on
precisely how this will impact software that currently
requires -frecord-marker=4 flag due to prebuilt databases.
Will these changes allow that flag to be dropped and the
code will automatically detect which record marker should
be used? I'll rebuild whatcheck without the previous
-frecord-marker=4 flag using the gcc 4.2 with the
record patch and see if that seems to be the case.