This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't disallow copyprop for virtual ops for loop depth check
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com (Diego Novillo)
- Cc: pinskia at gmail dot com (Andrew Pinski), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:06:20 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't disallow copyprop for virtual ops for loop depth check
> Andrew Pinski wrote on 11/28/06 02:23:
> >> ChangeLog:
> >> * tree-ssa-dom.c (cprop_operand): Ignore the loop depth when
> >> copyproping on virtual operands.
> >> (propagate_rhs_into_lhs): Likewise.
> >> * tree-ssa-copy.c (copy_prop_visit_phi_node): Likewise.
> >> * gcc.c-torture/compile/pr29922.c: New test.
> >> * gfortran.fortran-torture/compile/pr29922.f: New test.
> I'm confused about your comment on PRE. Are you saying that this patch
> will now trigger a latent bug in PRE? If not, then the patch is OK.
It does not trigger a latent bug in PRE, it makes a bug in PRE go latent
in that the testcases now pass when before they used to ICE but the bug
in PRE is still there, just no longer exposed.