This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tuples] remove gimplify_modify_expr comment
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:39:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tuples] remove gimplify_modify_expr comment
- References: <20061201212507.GA4417@redhat.com> <45709F16.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> So, what is holding the branch from being merged into mainline? This is
An OK from one of you guys :). Well there's also the back-ends, which are
mostly a matter of search and replace in the few places where they create
MODIFY_EXPRs (trivial). I hope to have the back-ends converted during the
> already giving us some improved memory utilization, correct? Perhaps
> it's easier if you merge this into mainline and start converting the
> other trees incrementally.
Yes, it'll be more painful otherwise.
> I would only keep working on the branch if the net result of these
> patches is negative.
All my tests have given memory savings.