This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve PR29433, don't duplicate identifier names in dwarf2out
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:15:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve PR29433, don't duplicate identifier names in dwarf2out
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Richard Guenther wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>>> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 17:18 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
>>>> This patch changes dwarf2out.c to not duplicate the strings in
>>>> identifier nodes as these are collected in an obstack that is never freed.
>>>> dwarf2out.c never frees any of the xstrduped stuff either.
>>>> This brings compile-time memory usage of PR29433 with -O0 -g down from
>>>> 3.9GB to 2.5GB which is about the same as for a -O0 compile. (See the
>>>> C++ patch for PR29433 on how to bring this down to around 400MB).
>>>> Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, tests still running.
>>>> Ok for mainline if they pass?
> Btw, testing finished ok as expected.
This patch is OK, thanks!
(650) 331-3385 x713