This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] mips: Allow larger values for __aligned__
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>, echristo at apple dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:13:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mips: Allow larger values for __aligned__
- References: <20060920224707.GI9301@lios> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061129223119.GQ27819@lios>
> At the very minimum it should be the maximum supported by 32-bit ELF and
> representable on a 32-bit host. This would meet the requirements of most
> programs which need large aligments e.g. Linux Kernel. Changes to the
> documentation will help future maintainers understand the rationale
> behind the default.
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Please make sure that this doesn't break 32-bit platforms again.