This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Stricter invalid_e500_subreg (with jump.c:true_regnum fix)
- From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus dot dk>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:10:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: Stricter invalid_e500_subreg (with jump.c:true_regnum fix)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 12:25:21AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> (I wonder if subreg_regno_offset should have an assert that
> subreg_offset_representable_p passes?
I think it should.
> I suspect this would show up
> other bugs, perhaps too many such bugs for it to be possible just to
> put such an assert in and let such bugs get fixed as they are found.)
For starters, i686-pc-linux-gnu will fail bootstrap building libgcc
../../../src/gcc/gcc/libgcc2.c: In function '__muldc3':
../../../src/gcc/gcc/libgcc2.c:1878: internal compiler error: in subreg_regno_offset, at rtlanal.c:2934
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen