This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 29984, PPC-SPE segfaults with MAX_EXPR <a, a>
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Nov 2006 13:54:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 29984, PPC-SPE segfaults with MAX_EXPR <a, a>
- References: <email@example.com>
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> * tree-ssa-reassoc.c (eliminate_duplicate_pair): Handle MAX_EXPR
> and MIN_EXRP.
> * gcc.dg/tree-ssa/reassoc-12.c: New test.
This is OK.
> The reason why it ICEs is because the backend is not ready ready
> to handle MAX_EXPR <a, a> which was created by the reassociation pass in
> the first place.
And, in case you haven't already done it, it seems to me that you have
to fix that anyhow, for -O0.