This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add vectorization of sqrt to the i386 backend
- From: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:52:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add vectorization of sqrt to the i386 backend
Richard Guenther <email@example.com> wrote on 28/11/2006 16:47:24:
> > I was hoping that restricting the testcase for 'vect_double' targets
> > suffice, along with xfailing the 'pattern recognized' test on targets
> > don't have a vector sqrt builtin yet.
> Ok, that would have the benefit that we notice if it starts passing once
> support for vectorized sqrt becomes more widespread. Any idea of the
> initial XFAIL target list?
as far as I know, the only other vect_double target at the moment is the
new spu port (I'm preparing a patch to enable the vectorizer testcases for
the spu right now).
> Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Novell / SUSE Labs