This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Add --print-optimizers option
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:12:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFA: Add --print-optimizers option
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <456C0A4F.email@example.com>
when the mainline was in stage 3. It adds a new command line switch
to gcc called "--print-optimizers". When used it causes gcc to
I would love to see the warnings too, or the full status of the flags
(including machine specific ones). It would show, for example, which
warnings are enabled only when optimization is on.
My plan is to submit further patches to add more switches along the
lines of --print-warnings and --print-pre-processor-symbols(*) provided
that this first patch proves to be acceptable.
(*): I know that you can achieve almost the same thing with "-dD -E" but
I never remember this combination.