This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Add --print-optimizers option
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:07:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA: Add --print-optimizers option
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Clifton wrote:
This is a resubmission of an old patch that was originally submitted
when the mainline was in stage 3. It adds a new command line switch
to gcc called "--print-optimizers". When used it causes gcc to
display a list of the optimization options it currently supports
together with an indication of whether they currently active or not.
I would love to see the warnings too, or the full status of the flags
(including machine specific ones). It would show, for example, which
warnings are enabled only when optimization is on.