This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Don't disallow copyprop for virtual ops for loop depth check
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:15:52 -0800
- Subject: [PATCH] Don't disallow copyprop for virtual ops for loop depth check
I noticed for virtual operands, we don't copyprop some names if it was
a loop variant. This is the correct thing for the normal operands but
for virtual operands, it makes less sense as we don't do coalescing on
virtual operands during out-of-ssa. This patch has a side effect of
also making a bug in PRE latent (PR 29922).
OK? Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc-darwin with no regressions.
* tree-ssa-dom.c (cprop_operand): Ignore the loop depth when
copyproping on virtual operands.
* tree-ssa-copy.c (copy_prop_visit_phi_node): Likewise.
* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr29922.c: New test.
* gfortran.fortran-torture/compile/pr29922.f: New test.