This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C/C++ PATCH] Reorganize c-common.c's convert_and_check (take 2)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Manuel Lopez-Ibanez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:28:03 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [C/C++ PATCH] Reorganize c-common.c's convert_and_check (take 2)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, Manuel Lopez-Ibanez wrote:
> 2006-11-25 Roger Sayle <email@example.com>
> Manuel Lopez-Ibanez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * c-common.c (constant_fits_type_p): Delete.
> (unsigned_conversion_warning): Delete.
> (conversion_warning): Integrate Wconversion warning from
> (convert_and_check): Integrate Woverflow warning from
> unsigned_conversion_warning(). Reorganize and simplify to avoid
> dependence upon the middle-end setting TREE_OVERFLOW on integral
> conversions, by using int_fits_type() directly.
The function is called int_fits_type_p not int_fits_type.
Do not write foo() to refer to a function, see the GNU Coding Standards:
Please do not write `()' after a function name just to indicate it is
a function. foo () is not a function, it is a function call with no
This is OK (with those ChangeLog changes) subject to it having passed the
"no changes in the C/C++ diagnostics issued anywhere in the testsuite"
test described in Roger's original message.
Joseph S. Myers