This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][RFC] Do some vectorizer-friendly canonicalization before vectorization
- From: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:02:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC] Do some vectorizer-friendly canonicalization before vectorization
Richard Guenther <email@example.com> wrote on 24/11/2006 12:00:38:
> > (by the way - do you know why we have that cast from float to double?
> > thinking - if this test actually requires support for doubles, we might
> > well go back and enable this test for vect_double targets only? Anyhow,
> > while this would work around the ppc failure above, it won't solve the
> > above failure for x86, for which we also don't reach the "pattern
> > recognized").
> I think the cast may be because powf is C99 or the ppc target you are
> testing doesn't have it at all?
I see the same thing on x86
> Does it work for you if you enable
-std=c99 doesn't make a difference...