This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Small cleanups to cse.c
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:00:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Small cleanups to cse.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 12:32 -0700, Roger Sayle wrote:
> I did do a quick audit of the gcc/ directory to see if I could find
> any instances of "if (foo) gcc_unreachable();" Although not exhaustive,
> the vast majority of uses of gcc_unreachable are in switch statements
> for handling invalid cases, or at the very end of long
> if-then-else-if-then-else chains.
There are some if foo contains side effects. I remember one because it
had broke bootstrap when it was converted in the first place. Though
those should most likely be conveted to:
x = foo;
If not already done.