This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran, patch] PR29441: Error out for non-standard intrinsics in initialization expression
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:50:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [gfortran, patch] PR29441: Error out for non-standard intrinsics in initialization expression
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We used to only error out for code such as
real, parameter :: pi = 4.*atan(1.0)
if -pedantic was given, even with -std=f95. This patch fixes this
by removing pedantic from the condition leading to the error.
We have nice gfc_notify_std routines, why can't we use them here?
That will help getting a consistent behaviour between different cases.
Testcase included in diff, built & tested on i686-darwin.
(FX makes a mental note. Tobias has a MacIntel...)
Would you consider building gfortran packages on a monthly (or less)
basis? I can send you my completely-automated-build-and-packaging
script if you want...