This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Improved handling of COND_EXPR in middle-end passes
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Roberto COSTA <roberto dot costa at st dot com>
- Cc: GCC patches mailing list <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>, Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:48:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Improved handling of COND_EXPR in middle-end passes
- References: <4564206A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to disallow
lval = COND_EXPR
in GIMPLE. Passes that benefit from this (if-conversion for the
vectorizer) could temporarily break this rule to get extended BBs.
But I'm not convinced either way. Not allowing COND_EXPRs on the RHS of
an assignment would certainly make life more difficult for these passes.