This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA/RFC: Adding support for gmp and mpfr sources in the build tree
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:37:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA/RFC: Adding support for gmp and mpfr sources in the build tree
- References: <email@example.com>
For cross compilers however the GMP configure however will complain
configure: error: --target is not appropriate for GMP
We could ask them to change it to a warning.
Alternatively, you could use some autogen magic to differentiate the
host and target passed to GMP, from the host and target passed to the
other libraries. Differentiating the host may be useful too in order to
pass "none" as the CPU (which can be the source of a few headaches).