This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Handle CONSTRUCTOR in value_dependent_expression_p (PR c++/29570)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:33:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Handle CONSTRUCTOR in value_dependent_expression_p (PR c++/29570)
- References: <20061120162354.GE6570@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <456203CA.email@example.com>
Jason Merrill wrote:
Actually, I don't think this is a good solution.
I would like to know why we're looking at the body of this CONSTRUCTOR
at all, since such a thing is not an integral constant-expression. (The
comment above value_dependent_expression_p says that EXPRESSION is
already known to be a constant expression.) The intent is that this
routine only be called when the parser has already identified the
expression as a constant-expression.
(650) 331-3385 x713