This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR27588: Add substring-out-of-bounds check
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:28:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR27588: Add substring-out-of-bounds check
- References: <45550FA6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
FX wrote (regarding his patch): "I've been working to find how to
the variable name, [...] but it still doesn't work in all cases."
If you find an example where it does not work, I'm happy to look at
(I didn't find one, but I didn't look for it extensively)
Looking for one is easy: simply add a gcc_assert(name) inside
gfc_conv_substring (but outside the "if (flag_bounds_check)" block),
rebuild and run the testsuite: if there are new failures, then you
have your case you can (happily) look into it ;-)
Even if you don't have time to do it, I'd suggest opening a PR with
the restults of the procedure (it can also be applied on the array
bounds checking code).